We had a busy weekend, but unfortunately, neglected to take our camera to capture the fun stuff. On Saturday, we went to a baby shower and got to see some old and very dear friends. Izzy and I, of course enjoyed all the deserts most as we both indulged for the special occasion. Thankfully, there aren't any pictures of that! Below is just one of probably many more pictures to come of Izzy holding Luke. I haven't yet figured out if she truly loves to hold him this much or just loves the opportunity to have her picture taken again..."Take my picture, Mommy."
Luke's been getting stronger and stronger. He can lift himself up and even rolled over twice last week. I think he just got lucky, though, because despite his efforts, he hasn't been able to repeat this accomplishment. He's has reached the stage where he wants to be sitting upright at all times to see everything that's going on. While I appreciate his curiosity, my arms do not...he's one heavy baby! I can't quite recall who gave me the boppy when I was pregnant with Izzy, but thank you whomever you are. Nursing would be quite the workout without it!
A rare photo of Mommy and her babes...I'm finding that with all my mom friends, we are very rarely in pictures anymore. Partly due to being self-conscious about our post baby bodies and partly because most dads seems to forget to capture these precious moments. Dads, forgive my gross generalization...I said most, not all. I'm trying to not fight the camera anymore no matter how terrible I look for fear that when my kids are older, they won't have to wonder where mommy was during their childhoods.



No comments:
Post a Comment