Luke had his 2 month checkup last week. The doctor encouraged me to require more "tummy time" for Luke which he absolutely hates. Every time I lay him on his stomach he screams and screams and makes me feel like I'm torturing him. Still, tummy time is a necessary evil to ensure he develops his muscles for sitting and walking. I decided to help him get this exercise in a more enjoyable way by setting up his bouncer. Technically, he's nowhere near old enough for it but I padded it with blankets (a trick I learned from Isabella's babysitter). He enjoyed his new perspective of the world for a few minutes. Izzy of course wanted to play with all the toys on the bouncer and buzzed about him. I think all the noise and movement finally got to him and he started to cry. I think he'll enjoy it more and more with a little more practice. I have to continually remind myself that just because he LOOKS like a 6 month old, he is just 2 months old and can't do all the things a 6 month old can do.

No comments:
Post a Comment