Saturday, May 2, 2009

Just another perfect Saturday

Today was one of those perfect Saturdays. The weather was ideal, sunny and breazy. We took full advantage of the day by spending most of it outdoors. While Sean and I busied ourselves with work such as mowing the lawn (which I love to do by the way), wash cars or clean out at least part of the garage, Izzy and Luke found ways to entertain themselves. Izzy enjoyed popping the balloons left over from Sean's birthday party. The anticipation of the loud pop seems to intrigue her. Fortunately, Luke (seen in the background) didn't seem too phased by the sound--don't worry, he was far enough away to not hurt his little ears and Izzy only had two balloons to pop. And yes, that is a Snow White costume. Sean picked it up for a quarter at a community yard sale. She loves it and wears it often. She has just about every princess dress made but this is the only one that doesn't "itch" her.
While Sean and I attempted to clean out some of our garage, Luke hung out in his bouncer seat and watched the leaves on our palm trees sway in the breeze. I was amazed at how long he stayed awake during this time and didn't fuss for quite some time. I was most appreciative of the time to get some work done. When Sean and I bought our house, we swore we'd never let our garage get so full with useless stuff that we couldn't park our cars in it...well, along came Luke and out went the cars. Everytime I'm forced to enter the garage, which isn't too often since our cars no longer fit in it, I'm a little disgusted at just how much stuff we have. Makes me feel so materialistic. It also reminds me to appreciate all we have.
After working outside for awhile, Izzy, Luke and I retreated indoors to cool down a bit. Izzy asked to hold Luke again. Before I even had a chance to remember that I might want to capture this moment on film, Izzy asked if I would take some pictures of the two of them. She's becoming quite the little model. She loves having her picture taken. Such a ham!
Luke has been very generous with his smiles since the beginning, but seems to always get stingy with them when I have the camera in hand. Finally today, I was able to catch a smile on film before he spotted the camera and started to study it intensely. Just can't get enough of that smile.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment