Friday, May 1, 2009

Mommy notes

Just a quick note while I'm in the blogging mood. I have soooooo been enjoying my maternity leave with Luke. I feel like I'm able to savor every moment with him. I was so nervous when I first had Izzy and definitely much more sleep deprived so her first few months were a complete blur (actually, her first year). Izzy was up just about every hour whereas Luke will give me at least five hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. I also had post partum depression after having Izzy but have had quite the opposite experience this time. Pure baby bliss! At times I really feel cheated out of this experience with Izzy but the bond she and I have now is as strong as they come...on a cosmic level. I'm just so thrilled to be lucid enough now to enjoy these early months with my Luke and so grateful I have my Isabella to experience it with me.

As for Luke, he amazes me every day. Unlike his demure sister, he seems to have a very asserted personality. He will definitely let me know when he's unhappy. He'll cry so loud and hard his face will turn red and for a few seconds, he won't take a single breath. It sounds horrible but actually it's quite endearing. He is also such a talker. He seems to have so much to say and shares the cutest little sounds in his attempt to talk to me. And don't get me started on his smiles. He's been smiling on request for weeks now. He's such a cheeky monkey. He's even giggled a few times and I swear he says mama already (more like mum mum). It's hard to believe just how much love one person can feel...I'm so lucky to have so many to love, especially my beautiful babies (including my biggest baby, Sean--ha!).

Boy, this blog sure is sappy but bliss will do that to you I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment