As I look back at this picture, now that Luke is finally here, I am reminded of the fear I felt regarding bringing a new life into what I considered a perfect little family dynamic. I was so worried about Izzy's response to having to share mommy and daddy's attention for the first time ever. Thankfully, she has adjusted better than I could ever hope for. She continues to amaze us both. She makes me so proud and already adores her little brother. She constantly checks on him and often reminds me to be gentle with him. If she doesn't immediately see him, she will quickly ask, "Where's my baby brother?" She's such a phenomenal big sister! How lucky we are! We now have two amazing children.
Monday, March 30, 2009
The Three Musketeers
One last photo of our trio before going to the hospital to be induced. This picture was taken outside of our friend's Meg's house. We were dropping Izzy off to stay with her...her first time spent apart from mommy and daddy for a night. She did beautifully, thanks to Meg of course, but Mommy is still a little traumatized by the separation!
As I look back at this picture, now that Luke is finally here, I am reminded of the fear I felt regarding bringing a new life into what I considered a perfect little family dynamic. I was so worried about Izzy's response to having to share mommy and daddy's attention for the first time ever. Thankfully, she has adjusted better than I could ever hope for. She continues to amaze us both. She makes me so proud and already adores her little brother. She constantly checks on him and often reminds me to be gentle with him. If she doesn't immediately see him, she will quickly ask, "Where's my baby brother?" She's such a phenomenal big sister! How lucky we are! We now have two amazing children.
As I look back at this picture, now that Luke is finally here, I am reminded of the fear I felt regarding bringing a new life into what I considered a perfect little family dynamic. I was so worried about Izzy's response to having to share mommy and daddy's attention for the first time ever. Thankfully, she has adjusted better than I could ever hope for. She continues to amaze us both. She makes me so proud and already adores her little brother. She constantly checks on him and often reminds me to be gentle with him. If she doesn't immediately see him, she will quickly ask, "Where's my baby brother?" She's such a phenomenal big sister! How lucky we are! We now have two amazing children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment