Monday, March 30, 2009

Our BIG leprechaun is here.

Well, after a long and grueling labor/delivery, Luke Gryphon finally entered this world at 5:43 pm on March 17, 2009, St. Patrick's Day. He was whopping 9 pounds 2 ounces and measured 21 inches long! I was induced at 39 weeks (even though my doctor's tried to talk me into waiting one more week--he would have been 10 pounds! Thankfully, they came to their senses). I was in labor for about 24 hours and pushed on and off for over 4 hours. Eventually, my doctor decided to do a C-Section due to Luke's position. I had a fever during my labor and had also tested positive for Group B Strep prior to delivery so Luke was required to stay in the NICU for 48 hours to monitor and treat for any possible infection. Being separated from him was excruciating but as soon as I was allowed, I spent most of my time with him in the NICU. You'll notice the IV attached to his head--my poor baby.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment