Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tiny Dancer

After a long week of anticipation, Izzy finally had her very first dance class today. Truthfully, I thought she had probably hyped it up in her mind so much that when she was actually in the midst of a lesson, she'd be disappointed and want to leave. Even worse, I thought she'd be too scared to not have mommy in the room with her. Much to my surprise, however, she was the bravest of the group. She wasn't the least bit concerned about where mommy was. She was so attentive and hung on every word of her teacher. She looked at her like she was a real princess, full of awe and wonder. She was such a good listener and performed every task presented with much more grace than I could. Her class currently only has two other students so she's sure to get a lot of attention. I'm sure the class will grow in the coming weeks but this was a perfect way to start. It's a creative movement class that combines both ballet and tap. Izzy loved wearing her tap shoes the best I think. She even taught me some the moves like the "shuffle". Of course I stayed glued to her every move, watching her through the two way mirror. All the girls were so adorable to watch, but of course as her mommy, I feel she was the best. At the end of class, the girls got to perform for us and some older girls. I thought for sure this would intimidate her but again, mommy underestimated her. She LOVED it and said she can't wait to go back. I can't either. smiles....


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. She is just too cute for words. I am so happy that she is taking dance. I really think this will be a place for her to grow. Oh...you will have so much fun with this. I am just so excited.

    ReplyDelete