Friday, August 21, 2009

Luke is 5 months old

Luke's had a busy couple of weeks. In addition to turning five months old, he started going to "baby school" as Izzy says which means the babysitter. Naturally, I was terrified of this change and spent a good week crying and worrying about the separation. It definitely was much more difficult for me than for him. He seems to really enjoy going to the sitter's house and is always full of smiles when I pick him up after work. Izzy's been really enjoying being back to her school as well. She seems to love her new teachers and the new friends she's making. I'm still suffering from separation anxiety but I'm starting to get so busy at work, that I don't have much time to obsess about it. Needless to say, I rush to go get them both after work and smother them in hugs and kisses.

As for Luke's development, he continues to acquire new skills every day. He's able to sit alone while leaning forward on his hands. I have to be right there, though, because he's still not strong enough to support himself for too long. And lets be honest, he's got a lot of weight to support...ha! He's also started trying to grab things out of reach and stretches on his belly to do so. Usually he resorts to a roll over method to slowly inch closer but I can tell he's on the verge wanting to crawl. We're in no rush for him to reach this milestone though. Not quite ready for him zooming all over the house. Thankfully, he has an attentive big sister who will help us keep a close watch. Speaking of his big sister, she seems to really enjoy his development as well. She loves that Luke LOVES to watch her. He gets so excited and I can tell he's desperate to be able to move around like she does. And no one can get him to giggle quite like his sister can. They are so adorable to watch.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. I love the third picture best with Izzy in the back. I can't wait to have another baby. Your family has convinced me.

    ReplyDelete